Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 6 x Social Status
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range (At The Time Of This Review): $269.25 – $520.00
Available Sizes: Men
Hey sneaker heads! Did you happen to catch the NBA 2019 All-Star events?? There is another sneaker that was made to celebrate the All-Star weekend, but has released today. The Jordan Brand has teamed up with The Social Status, a men’s clothing retailer based in Charlotte NC, to produce the Air Jordan 6 x Social Status. Their job is to introduce their customers to the latest upscale street fashion such as Jordan, Nike, Adidas, and many more. Originally named the Air Jordan 6 Pony Hair, these sneakers are definitely selling. Are these going to be your next cop?? If so, you can make a purchase now.
Social Status Meaning (According to Socialstatuspgh.com)
- Inspired by prosperity and therefore the ambition, strategy, and execution vital to reach that point of success.
- Embraces failures and our ability to learn from them, develop them into beneficial experiences, and propel us into a dominant social class.
- Encompasses the processes and patience necessary to progress through social class.
- Requires the ultimate commitment and work ethic, pushing through to the next social rank, and acquiring the fruits of labor as payment for the journey.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 6 History
The Air Jordan 6 was originally released way back in 1991. Michael Jordan has wore these during his first NBA title and won his first NBA Finals MVP.
The Air Jordan 6 was the first Jordan to feature a reinforcement around the toe of the sneaker. Tinker Hatfield has designed two holes on the top of the tongue, and “spoilers” on the back of the shoes. Hatfield has done this because MJ has been having issues with putting on the past five Jordan models (Air Jordan 1-5).
Like the Air Jordan 5, the Air Jordan 6 features clear rubber soles, making it the second Jordan to have this feature. The clear rubber soles on the 6 was built to be more solid, since there were complaints that kids that owned the Jordan 5 were falling because the soles would collect dust on the court, which made the sole slippery. The heel tab on the 6 was positioned to prevent it from hitting MJ’s Achilles Tendon. MJ’s number “23” was also incorporated on the sneaker as well.
When the 6 first came out in 1991, it was $125.00.
Features Of The Shoe
This shoe comes with black snakeskin underlays, plus black pony hair overlays. The snakeskin is applied to the upper of the shoe, while the pony hairs can be found across the toe box, side of the shoe, and heel. Additonally, hits of concord can be seen on the jumpman logo on the tongue, lacelocks, insole, pull tab on the heels, and midsole. Finally, we can’t forget about the icy translucent outsoles, and the Nike Air Branding located on the heel.
Who’s copping a pair of these collaborative sneakers?? These are now available. GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!
Video Of The Sneaker
This is a pretty decent collaboration with Social Status and Air Jordan. These are indeed worth adding to your sneaker closet. What are your thoughts on these??? Leave your comments and questions below in the comment section, and I will be glad to assist you. Also, make sure to like, share, and subscribe to my site for more sneaker news. Stay tuned, as The Latest Sneakers will keep you updated!!