Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 5 Satin Bred
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range: $84.99-$361.75
Available Sizes: Toddler, Preschool, Grade School, Men
November is finally here, and we will be expected a lot of upcoming Jordan releases throughout the entire month. One of the first releases that has dropped today is the Air Jordan 5 Satin Bred. This new colorway comes with a nice speckling material, which will definitely catch the eyes of many sneakerheads. How are you feeling these sneakers??? You can make a purchase now.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 5 History
The Air Jordan 5 was originally released back in February 1990, created by yours truly, Tinker Hatfield. It was the first Jordan to ever have clear rubber soles. On the midsole near the icy soles, you will also notice the flames on each side of the shoes. In Tinker’s eyes, Michael Jordan’s performance was like a “Fighter Plane”, so the sneaker was designed to look like a Fighter Plane. The Jordan 5 is an inspiration of the “grey nurse shark” or the World War 2 British Fighter Plane; the Spitfire MkV3. 3m reflection was also added on the shoe tongues. The sneakers were originally retailed for $125.00.
Features Of The Shoe
This sneaker features a colorway of Black, Red, and Metallic Silver, which can be found on the midsole, lace locks, tongue, and the Jordan branding. It also consist of a black satin upper that is smooth and silky. Finally, it comes with a 3m tongue, clear netting on the side panels and tongue area, speckles on the midsoles, and the traditional icy translucent outsoles.
These sneakers have released today, and are available now. Wouldn’t you like to have these on your feet??? GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!!
Video Of The Sneaker
This is definitely a nice start for November. Are you sneak geeks copping these??? What are your overall thoughts?? Leave your comments and questions below, and I will be more than happy to help you out. Make sure to also like, share, and subscribe to my site for more sneaker content. Stay tuned as The Latest Sneakers will keep you posted.