Jordan is dropping yet another sneaker made exclusively for only the women. The Air Jordan 11 Low Rook To Queen is releasing tomorrow in honor of WNBA star Maya Moore, and her rise from rookie to four-time championship. How many of you ladies are ready for this release??? These will sell out quickly!!
Who Is Maya Moore
Maya April Moore is a professional basketball player for the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA. She has attended Collins Hill High School in Suwanee Georgia, and played for the Eagles while achieving a 125-3 record. Between 2007-2011, she has attended the University Of Connecticut. She has played forward for the Connecticut Huskies before being drafted for the Minnesota Lynx in 2011. Maya has also played for overseas teams in Europe and China. Her high school, college, and professional career have been filled with championships. Here is a list of Maya’s career highlights:
- 4x WNBA Champion (2011, 2013, 2015, 2017)
- WNBA Finals MVP (2013)
- WNBA MVP (2014)
- 5x WNBA All-Star (2011, 2013-2015, 2017)
- 2x WNBA All-Star Game MVP (2015, 2017)
- 5x All-WNBA First Team (2013-2017)
- All-WNBA Second Team (2012)
- 2x WNBA All-Defensive Second Team (2014, 2017)
- WNBA Scoring Leader (2014)
- WNBA Rookie Of The Year (2011)
- WNBA Top 20 (2016)
- FIBA World Championship MVP (2014)
- 2x EuroLeague Women Champion (2012, 2018)
- Liga Femenina Champion (2012)
- 3x WCBA Champion (2013-2015)
- 2x NCAA Champion (2009-2010)
- 4x AP All-America First Team (2008-2011)
- 3x CoSIDA Academic All-America First Team (2009-2011)
- 4x WBCA Coaches’ All-America Team (2008-2011)
- 4x USBWA All-America Team (2008-2011)
- 3x Wade Trophy (2009-2011)
- 2x Naismith College Player Of The Year (2009, 2011)
- 2x John R. Wooden Award (2009, 2011)
- 2x AP College Of The Year (2009, 2011)
- 2x Honda Sports Awards For Basketball (2010, 2011)
- 3x Big East Player Of The Year (2008,2009,2011)
- 2x Academic All-America Of The Year (2011)
- NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player (2010)
- USBWA National Freshman Of The Year (2008)
Maya was named the greatest winner in the history of women’s basketball by Sports Illustrated in 2017. She has also became the first female basketball player to sign with the Jordan Brand.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness. He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets. MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him. Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”. MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 11 History
The Air Jordan 11 was first introduced back in 1995-1996, during Michael Jordan’s return to the NBA. Tinker Hatfield came up with the idea to make the shoe look like a shiny body convertible, so the sneaker was created with shiny patent leather. It also has a lightweight Phylon midsole with a full length air sole unit and full length carbon fiber plate, making it extremely supportive. The only bad things about the shoes were poor traction, defects on the outsole, and fast creases on the midsoles. In 1995, the retail price for the shoes were $125.00 (the low versions were $115.00).
Features Of The Shoe
This shoe features a fuchsia blast cracked mudguard, replacing the traditional patent leather, along with a black nubuck upper. The Finals and Maya’s signature logo can be found on the insoles. Additionally, you will notice the gold shoe lace tips, along with the 2011 gold lace aglets as well. Finally, it features black midsoles, and translucent outsoles covered in fuchsia.
These exclusive kicks are releasing May 24th, for a retail price of $175.00. These will sell like crazy of course. Who’s planning to cop???
Air Jordan 11 Low Rook To Queen
May 24th, 2018
Maya Moore has definitely risen from a rook to a pro. It is great to see a pair of Jordans in honor of this great basketball player. Looking at these hot kicks will make you want to cop without a doubt. What are your overall thoughts on these??? If you have any questions or comments, leave them below. I will be happy to help you. Stay tuned for future updates!!! Also, make sure to subscribe for more sneaker news!!!
Thanks For Reading!!!