What’s up to all of my sneaker heads all around the world! Are you excited for next, because we will be seeing some serious heat drop soon. One of them being this three classic colorways of the Air Jordan 5 blended into one.
The upcoming Air Jordan 5 Top 3 consists of the “Fire Red”, “Grape”, and “Black Metallic” colorways. In honor of the 30th anniversary of the silhouette, these will be debuting this weekend. In four simple words: THESE ARE EXTREMELY HOT, you would be a fool to not think so!
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 5 History
The Air Jordan 5 was originally released back in February 1990, created by yours truly, Tinker Hatfield. It was the first Jordan to ever have clear rubber soles. On the midsole near the icy soles, you will also notice the flames on each side of the shoes.
In Tinker’s eyes, Michael Jordan’s performance was like a “Fighter Plane”, so the sneaker was designed to look like a Fighter Plane. The Jordan 5 is an inspiration of the “grey nurse shark” or the World War 2 British Fighter Plane; the Spitfire MkV3. 3m reflection was also added on the shoe tongues. The sneakers were originally retailed for $125.00.
Features Of The Air Jordan 5 (According To Footlocker.com)
- Synthetic and textile upper delivers a classic look with comfort and durability.
- Nike Air Units provide bouncy, lightweight cushioning for all-day comfort.
- Stretch-knit internal bootie provides a snug, secure fit.
- Durable rubber outsole offers secure traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Adjustable lace toggle.
This sneaker features 3 original colorways from the Air Jordan 5: “Grape”, “Metallic Silver”, and “Fire Red”. The Grape theme can be found on the tongue. Next, the Fire Red theme is featured on the ’23” on the side of the sneakers and midsole.
Finally, you will notice that the majority of the upper has the Metallic Silver theme.
Are you copping these 5s? If so, the retail price is set at $200.00. The release date is June 20th, so be ready.
Air Jordan 5 Top 3
June 20th, 2020
Style Code: CZ1786-001
Video Of The Sneaker
To sum it all up, these are definitely worth the hype plus your cash. You should be praying and hoping that you can get your hands on these astounding shoes. Any questions or thoughts on these??
Leave your comments in the comment section as usual. Also, make sure to subscribe for more sneaker content. Stay tuned as I will keep you updated!