Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 6 GS Floral
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range (At The Time Of This Review): $155.05-$230.00
Available Sizes: Grade School, Preschool, Toddler
Hey Hey, how is everybody?? Spring will be here very soon, and the Jordan Brand has just dropped a new colorway for the Air Jordan 6 made exclusively for the Grade Schoolers. The Air Jordan 6 GS Floral is now available, and these would perfect on your feet for the upcoming warm weather.
You can make a purchase now.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 6 History
The Air Jordan 6 was originally released way back in 1991. Michael Jordan has wore these during his first NBA title and won his first NBA Finals MVP.
The Air Jordan 6 was the first Jordan to feature a reinforcement around the toe of the sneaker. Tinker Hatfield has designed two holes on the top of the tongue, and “spoilers” on the back of the shoes. Hatfield has done this because MJ has been having issues with putting on the past five Jordan models (Air Jordan 1-5).
Like the Air Jordan 5, the Air Jordan 6 features clear rubber soles, making it the second Jordan to have this feature. The clear rubber soles on the 6 was built to be more solid, since there were complaints that kids that owned the Jordan 5 were falling because the soles would collect dust on the court, which made the sole slippery. The heel tab on the 6 was positioned to prevent it from hitting MJ’s Achilles Tendon. MJ’s number “23” was also incorporated on the sneaker as well.
When the 6 first came out in 1991, it was $125.00.
Features Of The Shoe (According To Footlocker.com)
- Leather, suede, or synthetic upper.
- Die-cut tongue and heel “spoiler” tab for easy on/off access
- Lace lock and cover help keep your laces tied all the time.
- Perforations on upper for breathability.
- Visible Air-Sole unit in heel.
- Signature clear rubber portions of outsole.
The sneaker consists of yellow, both soft and bright tones. The upper is covered in soft yellow, while brighter yellow can be seen throughout the sneaker. Finally, white is applied to the outside, while a flower is placed on the tongue.
These have dropped on this very day, and is now available for purchase. How are you feeling this colorway?? GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!
The Pros And Cons
- Good Ankle Support
- Breaks In Easy
- Cool Colors
- Runs True To Size
- Poor Traction
- Creases Easily
Video Of The Sneaker
This is the perfect sneaker for the next season, don’t you agree?? Sorry Men, you won’t be able to rock these since you can’t fit them. Got any comments or questions???
Please leave your comments and question in the comment, and I will get to you soon. Make sure to subscribe to my site for more sneaker news. Stay tuned as more updates are coming ASAP.