Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 4 Neon
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range (At The Time Of This Review): $155.00-$450.00
Hey, what’s going on sneaker lovers all around?? This week, we have some special news in store for all of y’all. The Jordan Brand has put together the idea of creating an Air Jordan 4 inspired by the iconic running sneaker: the Nike Air Max 95 Neon.
The Air Jordan 4 Neon is dressed in the similar colorway of the Air Max 95, and today they have released for the public. This is definitely something to spend your cash on, what do you think??? You can make a purchase now.
The Nike Air Max 95
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
Air Jordan 4 History
The Air Jordan 4 was introduced back in 1989, created by the infamous Tinker Hatfield. This shoe was the first Jordan to feature over-molded mesh; the mesh was dipped in soft plastic and air was blown through it to clear out the plastic. Back in 1989, everyone felt that the sneaker was unattractive and no one liked them. But overtime, it grew on a lot of people. During their first release, the sneaker was retailed at $110.00.
Features Of The Air Jordan 4 (According To Footlocker.com)
- Mesh and leather upper helps your feet breathe when things get heated.
- Heel pull-tabs lets you quickly slip the shoes on and off.
- Air sole midsole provides essential cushioning so you can stride up and down the court.
- Rubber outsole with herringbone pattern offers crucial traction as you cut back and forth.
These sneaker is a mimic of the classic Nike Air Max 95 Neon colorway, which consist of volt green, cool and wolf grey, and anthracite. The upper of the sneaker consist of both suede and mesh. Finally, hits of volt can be found on the branding on the tongue, eyelets, insoles, and on the outsole as well.
These were scheduled to drop today, and is now available. These sneakers are too fire to pass down in my honest opinion. GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!
The Pros And Cons
- Cool Colors
- Runs True To Size
- Gets Dirty Fast
- Hard To Clean
Video Of The Sneaker
This inspiration was such a great concept indeed. These will definitely sell out in an instant, everyone will want a pair. Are you feeling these Air Jordan 4s???
Leave your comments and questions below in the comment section, and I will get to you shortly. Also, make sure to subscribe to my site for more sneaker content. Stay tuned as always for more updates from The Latest Sneakers!!