Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 10 Wings
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range (At The Time Of This Review): $199.99-$473.15
Available Sizes: Men
Hey what’s up everyone! The Jordan brand has just dropped a new colorway for the Air Jordan 10 today which features the WINGS concept. This concept was introduced in 2016, and had a special colorway for the Air Jordan 12.
We can finally witness WINGS again as the Air Jordan 10 Wings is now available. This special sneaker is apart of the WINGS Scholars Program, founded by Michael Jordan himself. This foundation provide scholarships to the youth in order to attend colleges in North America and Great China. Only a few number of students are given the opportunity to pursue their education.
Since the sneakers are apart of the Wings Program, each sell per sneaker contributes to the scholarship fund. Four students who were chosen by the program were given the opportunity to overhaul the Air Jordan 10 this year. How are you feeling this masterpiece??
You can make a purchase now if you plan to add them to the collection.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984.
He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness. He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball.
In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 10 History
The Air Jordan 10 was originally released back in 1994, created by Tinker Hatfield. This was the second pair of Jordans that has released during Michael Jordan’s professional baseball career. Due to MJ’s departure from the NBA, everyone, including Nike, thought that the Air Jordan line was finished, but Hatfield thought differently.
At first, MJ disapproved of the 10s since they featured a extra leather toe cap. MJ has talked to Hatfield about making changes to the 10s, but it was too late to do so since the first colorway (The Steel Grey) have already started hitting the shoes stores. But there was still some time to make changes for future 10 releases, and the toe cap was removed from the 10s and it had a much cleaner look to them.
The Air Jordan 10 features Huarache inner sleeves, leather uppers, and a quick lacing system. MJ started to wear the 10s when he returned to the NBA. The 10s that he wore featured his number 45 on the side of the shoes. Hatfield wanted to show his appreciation for MJ accomplishments during his professional basketball career in the NBA, since everyone thought that MJ was retiring from the sport for good.
On the outsole of the 10s, you will notice a list of Michael’s milestones for every year in the NBA from 1985 to 1994:
- 1985- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
- 1986- 63 POINTS
- 1987- SCORING TITLE
- 1988- DUNK CHAMP
- 1989- ALL DEFENSE
- 1990- SCORES 63 POINTS
- 1991- MVP/CHAMPIONSHIP
- 1992- MVP/CHAMPIONSHIP
- 1993- MVP/CHAMPIONSHIP
- 1994- BEYOND
The Air Jordan 10 was originally retailed for $125.00 during it’s first release in 1994.
The Air Jordan 10 Original Sketch
Features Of The Air Jordan 10 (According To Footlocker.com)
- Full-grain leather upper. Material vary on select styles
- Clean design for a refined look with minimal branding. Jordan Jumpman logos are found on the heel and outsole
- Speed lacing system and heel tab loop for easy on/off access
- Plush textile lining for comfort
- Foam midsole for lightweight cushioning
- Nike Air-Sole units in midsole
- Rubber outsole with unique striped design listing many of MJ’s on-court achievements
Features Of The Air Jordan 10 Wings
This sneaker is a tribute to the Chicago Transit System. It features vibrant and asymmetrical tones which represents different transportation routes located in the city. The leather on the upper consist of white.
Additionally, the mudguards are dressed in glimmering metallic sliver. Finally, it comes with a icy blue outsole, along with green insoles.
These sneakers have released today. If you plan to cop these vibrant kicks, then don’t wait any longer. GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!!
Video Of The Sneaker
These are indeed very dope. The selected candidates have done a great job putting these together. How are you feeling these???
Leave your comments and questions in the comment section, and I will get back to you. Also, make sure to subscribe to my site for more sneaker blogs. As always, stay tuned as I will post more sneaker content soon!