As of right now, you may already know that there will be low top Air Jordan 7s releasing next week. The Air Jordan 7 Low Bordeaux is one of the colorways dropping, along with this colorway as well. The Air Jordan 7 Low Bright Concord is up next, do you plan to make a purchase when these drop??
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 7 History
The Air Jordan 7 was introduced in 1992, designed by Tinker Hatfield. Before the creation of the Air Jordan 7, Michael Jordan has explained to Tinker that he wanted the 7s to “stay young and interesting, while remaining sophisticated”. When Tinker was in Portland, he has noticed an African art poster, which was influenced by Afropop Worldwide, posted inside this store.
Tinker wanted this poster, so he went inside the store and asked the owner can he purchase it. However, the owner refused to sell it because it was being used to advertise Afropop. Afterwards, Tinker has explained to the owner that he was the designer for the Air Jordan line. This has made the owner decide to sell the poster to Tinker.
The Air Jordan 7 is influenced by Western African Tribal Patterns, which were on the Afropop poster that Tinker purchased. Michael Jordan has worn a special colorway of the Air Jordan 7s at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, which featured the number “9” on the heel of the shoe, instead of “23”. Back in 1992, the 7s were retailed at $125.00.
Features Of The Shoe
This sneaker features a nubuck upper, covered in Bright Concord. Throughout the sneaker, you will notice touches of tourmaline, black, red, and midas gold. Finally, it features “23” on the heels, and a black midsole.
Look for these to drop on September 27, for a retail price of $140.00. Not too bad for a pair of jays, don’t you agree? Do you plan to pass or spend your cash?
Air Jordan 7 Low Bright Concord
September 27th, 2018
These low top versions of the Air Jordan 7s are pretty neat. What are your overall thoughts on these??? Leave your comments and questions in the comment box, and I will get back to you in a timely manner. Also, make sure to like, share, and subscribe to my website for more sneaker content. As always, stay tuned!!!