Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 9 Boot Black Concord
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range: $219.00-$396.00
Available Sizes: Men
Last year, we have been introduced to the Air Jordan 9 Boot, which has released in the classic olive colorway. This week, the winterized version of the 9s has made a comeback. The Air Jordan 9 Boot Black Concord has released today, along with the Air Jordan 9 Boot Wheat. This is something to consider since it is starting to get cold outside. Are you planning to cop??? You can make a purchase now.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 9 History
The Air Jordan 9 was first introduced way back in 1993. Michael Jordan was in Asia to promote for Nike while Tinker Hatfield and Nike were working on the Air Jordan 9. There are a lot of features on the sneakers that comes from Japanese Culture, in which Hatfield was very influenced by. On the bottom of each shoe, you will notice words in different languages that best represents Michael Jordan:
- Uhuru (Swahili) – Independence
- cbo6oAa (Russian) – Freedom
- Cnopt (Russian) – Sport
- Athletisch (German) – Athletic
- Muundaji (Swahili) – Hope
- Intenso (Italian) – Intense
- Liberte (French) – Freedom
- Anmutig (German) – Graceful
- Fuerza (Spanish) – Force
- Dedie (French) – Dedicated
The Air Jordan 9 is equipped with a dynamic-fit inner bootie, encapsulated air-sole unit (forefoot), large volume air-sole unit (heel), polyurethane midsole and a “one-pull” lace system. The original retail for the sneakers was $125.00.
Features Of The Shoe
This shoe will be water-resistant, and consist of a black leather upper. Additional features include the rope laces, and metal eyelets. Finally, you will notice the concord hits on the branding, along with a rugged outsole for more traction.
Looking for some boots for the winter??? You may want to grab these. GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!!
Video Of The Sneaker
It is nice to see the return of the Air Jordan 9 Boot. Winter is near, you keeping your feet warm is a must. What are your overall thoughts on these??? Please feel free to leave your comments and questions below in the comment section. I will be more than happy to help you out. Also, like share and subscribe to my site as sneaker blogs are posted daily. As always, stay tuned!!!