Hey youngins in the sneaker game, great news!!! If you were able to cop the Air Jordan 5 Light Aqua a couple of weeks back, then you will adore the upcoming Jordan sneakers dropping later this weekend. The Air Jordan 12 Light Aqua will be releasing in GS sizes, and will make sells most definitely. If you are fortunate enough to fit GS sizing, then you can’t pass on these , don’t you agree???
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 12 History
Originally released back in 1996-1997, this sneaker was inspired by the Japanese Rising Sun, featuring flowing lines reminiscent of the sending out its morning rays. Michael Jordan, despite suffering from the flu, has worn these in a game against the Utah Jazz, scoring 38 points. This was also the first Jordan to utilize Zoom Air Technology for lightweight cushioning and lightning quick responsiveness.
Features Of The Shoe
This sneaker consists of a leather upper dressed in white. Touches of light aqua can be founded on the heel, median, outsole, and forefoot sections of the sneaker. Finally, for the finishing touches, black is seen on the eyelets, back of the shoe, tongue areas, Jordan branding on each side of the shoe, on the insoles, and the outsoles.
Who’s copping a pair??? If you are planning to, then you won’t have to wait any longer. They are dropping August 4th, for a retail price of $140.00
Air Jordan 12 GS Light Aqua
August 4th, 2018
Video Of The Sneaker
The younger crowd will go crazy over this soon to release sneakers indeed. Are you adding these to your wishlist??? What are your thoughts??? Please feel free to leave your comments and questions in the comment section. I will be more than happy to help you out. As always, The Latest Sneakers will keep you posted on upcoming high anticipated sneaker releases. Make sure to like, share, and subscribe to my website for more sneaker content.