Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 12 Class Of 2003
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range: $128.88-$359.99
Available Sizes: Grade School, Men’s
The Jordan Brand has released a sneaker that honors NBA basketball player Chris Paul’s alma mater. The Air Jordan 12 Class Of 2003 pays homage to Paul, and this colorway matches his high school colors. These have dropped today, you can make a purchase now.
Chris Paul And His High School Career
Chris Paul is a NBA point guard for the Houston Rockets. He formerly played for the New Orleans Hornets (2005-2011), and Los Angeles Clippers (2011-2017). Here is a list of his career achievements:
- 9x NBA All-Star (2008-2016)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2013)
- 4x All-NBA First Team (2008, 2012-2014)
- 3x All-NBA Second Team (2009, 2015, 2016)
- All-NBA Third Team (2011)
- 7x NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009, 2012-2017)
- 2x NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2008, 2011)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (2006)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2006)
- 4x NBA Assists Leader (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015)
- 6x NBA Steals Leader (2008, 2009, 2011-2014)
- Consensus First-Team All-American (2005)
- First-Team All-ACC (2005)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (2004)
- No. 3 Retired By Wake Forest
- USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (2004)
- North Carolina Mr. Basketball (2003)
Paul went to West Forsyth High School located in Clemmons, North Carolina. He was apart of the junior varsity team during his freshman and sophomore years. Paul has helped West Forsyth get to the state semifinals by averaging 25 points, 4.4 steals, and 5.3 assists each game. He has also earned tournament MVP honors during the National U-17 AAU title.
During Paul’s senior year, On November 15th, 2002, Paul’s grandfather was robbed by five young men, killing him in the process. He was 61 years old, so for every year, Paul would score 61 points for West Forsyth in honor of his grandfather’s death. During the end of the season, he has lead West Forsyth to a 27-3 record and the Class 4A Eastern Regional Finals. He has also averaged 6 steals, 9.5 assists, 5.9 rebounds, and 30.8 points per game.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 12 History
The Air Jordan 12 was introduced back in 1996, designed by Tinker Hatfield. This sneaker was inspired by the Japanese Rising Sun, featuring flowing lines reminiscent of the sending out its morning rays. Did you know that the Air Jordan 12 got started with a woman’s fashion shoe known as “Nisshoki”, a shoe from the 19th century??? This was because Michael Jordan is big on fashion. Also, if you look closely at the sneaker’s tongue, you will notice “TWO3” written down the tongue. MJ came up with a new and different idea for his number 23, so it has got a different look on the sneaker. Michael Jordan, despite suffering from the flu, has worn these in a game against the Utah Jazz, scoring 38 points. This was also the first Jordan to utilize Zoom Air Technology for lightweight cushioning and lightning quick responsiveness. It also includes a modified herringbone pattern for improved traction. The original retail price for the Air Jordan 12 was $135.00.
Features Of The Shoe
This shoe features the colors of West Forsyth High School; Olive, Sail, Black and Gold. Olive is applied to the leather and suede on the upper, while the eyelets are featured in metallic gold. Additionally, you will notice “Class Of 2003” on the left insole, and Chris Paul’s signature logo “CP3”, on the right insole. Finally, it features a midsole and outsole covered in Sail.
If you are a huge Chris Paul fan, you won’t want to miss out on these. These have just released. GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!!
Video Of The Sneaker
It is always great to see a Jordan sneaker inspired by a great athlete. This is a great tribute to Chris Paul during his high school basketball career. Are you copping or dropping??? What are your thoughts on these??? Leave your comments and questions below, and I will be more than happy to help you out. Stay tuned, as The Latest Sneakers will keep you updated. Make sure to share, like, and subscribe for more sneaker content.
Thanks For Reading!!!