Name Of Sneaker: Air Jordan 4 True Berry
Best Place To Purchase: Ebay.com
Price Range (Doing The Time Of This Review): $84.99-$193.99
Available Sizes: Toddler, Preschool, Grade School
Valentine’s Day; that special time of day that is recognized as a celebration of romantic love. It is almost that time of year when the Jordan Brand drops something special for the ladies. Today, the Air Jordan 4 True Berry (Valentine’s Day) has just release today. This is indeed a nice touch on the 4s, and perfect to rock on the 14th. Who’s copping??? You can make a purchase now.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness.
He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets.
MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him.
Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”.
MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
Air Jordan 4 History
The Air Jordan 4 was introduced back in 1989, created by the infamous Tinker Hatfield. This shoe was the first Jordan to feature over-molded mesh; the mesh was dipped in soft plastic and air was blown through it to clear out the plastic. Back in 1989, everyone felt that the sneaker was unattractive and no one liked them. But overtime, it grew on a lot of people. During their first release, the sneaker was retailed at $110.00.
Features Of The Shoe
This shoe consist of a pink, true berry, and white color scheme. The leather upper is dressed in true berry, along with touches of pink on the eyelets, heart logos by the heel, jumpman logos on the heels, and the underlays as well. Finally, it comes with a white rubber sole, along with white shoe laces.
Valentine’s Day is next week, but these just dropped today. This is a nice Valentine’s Day gift for any small foot sneakerhead. GO AND COP A PAIR NOW!
Video Of The Sneaker
These sneaker are perfect for the Valentine’s Day occasion. Are you kids planning to cop and rock?? What are your thoughts on these??? If you have any questions or comments, leave them below, and I will get back to you in a timely manner. Make sure to also like, share, and subscribe to my site. As always, stay tuned as The Latest Sneakers will keep you updated!