We will be seeing a special release of the Air Jordan 11 Low a week from now. The Air Jordan 11 Low Jeter is scheduled to drop on Mother’s Day, and is inspired by former professional baseball player, Derek Jeter. Last year, outside of the New York Yankee Stadium, there was a pop-up shop that has released 5 pair of an Air Jordan 11 Derek Jeter. Now, this year, the Jordan Brand is releasing a low top version of the Air Jordan 11 Jeter to the public. Are you looking forward to this highly anticipated release???
Who Is Derek Jeter
Derek Jeter is a former professional MLB baseball shortstop who played for the New York Yankees. He has made his MLB debut in 1995 at the age of 21, and retired from baseball in 2014. Jeter is regarded as one of the most heavily marketed athletes, and best players of his generation. He has led the Yankees to many successes during the late 1990s, and early 2000s due to his hitting, base running, fielding, and leadership. Jeter’s MLB statistics are 3,465 hits, 544 doubles, 2,747 played games, 358 stolen bases, 4,716 times on base, 12,602 plate appearances, and 11,195 at bats. Here is a list of career highlights and awards achieved by Jeter:
- 14x All-Star (1998-2002, 2004, 2006-2012, 2014)
- 5x World Series Champion (1996, 1998-2000, 2009)
- World Series MVP (2000)
- AL Rookie Of The Year (1996)
- 5x Gold Glove Award (2004-2006, 2009-2010)
- 5x Silver Slugger Award (2006-2009, 2012)
- 2x AL Hank Aaron Award (2006,2009)
- Roberto Clemente Award (2009)
- New York Yankees No.2 Retired
- New York Yankees Captain (2003-2014)
Jeter is currently the CEO and part owner of the Miami Marlins.
Who Is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan is a retired professional basketball player who has played for 15 seasons in NBA for the Chicago Bulls, and the Washington Wizards. During his time at the University of North Carolina in 1982, he played basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels, and was drafted for the Chicago Bulls in 1984. He was able to entertain the crowd with his prolific scoring, defensive plays, and his ability to perform slam dunks from the free throw line at the slam dunk contests, which has earned him the nicknames: Air Jordan and His Airness. He has won his first NBA Championship with the Bulls in 1991, and also winning again in 1992 and 1993 (three-peat). During the 1993-1994 NBA season, MJ has retired from basketball in order to pursue a minor career in baseball. In March 1995, MJ has announced his return to the NBA, and has led the Bulls to three additional championships during 1996-1998. In 1999, MJ retired from the NBA for the second time, but return again to play for the Washington Wizards during 2001-2003. Currently, MJ is the owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets. MJ has numerous career highlights and awards:
- 6 times NBA champion (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 6 times NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
- 5 times NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- 14 times All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002, 2003)
- 3 times NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
- 10 times All-NBA First Team (1987-1993, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA Second Team (1985)
- NBA Defensive Player Of The Year (1988)
- 9 times NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA Rookie Of The Year (1985)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
- 10 times NBA Scoring Championship (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- 3 times NBA Steals Leaders (1988, 1990, 1993)
- 2 times NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion (1987, 1988)
- 3 times AP Athlete Of The Year (1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 times USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (1983, 1984)
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson Of The Year (1991)
- NBA’s 50th Anniversary All-time Team
- NCAA Champion (1982)
- Consensus National College Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Player Of The Year (1984)
- ACC Rookie Of The Year (1982)
- 2 times Consensus First-Team All-American (1983, 1984)
- 2 times First-Team All-ACC (1983, 1984)
- No. 23 Retired by Chicago Bulls
- N0. 23 Retired by Miami Heat
- No. 23 Retired by the University Of North Carolina
History Of The Air Jordan Brand
In 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company looking for ways to appeal to a new segment of the shoe market, and to reinvent themselves. Nike has turned to rookie Michael Jordan to order to make an endorsement deal, but MJ showed no interest at all. MJ had plans to sign a deal with either Adidas or Converse; he loved the brands, and in North Carolina, these were the shoes that wore to play basketball in. Unfortunately, both of the brands rejected him. Nike was offering to create a brand new line of shoes called Air Jordan, and MJ’s old agent, David Falk, saw this as a wonderful opportunity. MJ flew to the Nike headquarters in Portland, Oregon, after being convinced by his parents , and his agent. During his visit, Nike has shown him a special video presentation of his college career highlights, plus his high-flying Olympics moves with Pointer Sister’s “Jump” playing in the background. Peter Moore, Nike’s Old Head Designer, also shown MJ sketches of the Air Jordan 1, and apparel to go with it. It was featured in Black and Red, and MJ was very interested with these designs. He has stated: “I can’t wear these shoes, those are devil colors”. MJ has decided to finally make a deal with Nike, and has signed a 5-year deal that was worth $2.5 million. MJ has fueled the success of Nike, and the Air Jordan Brand is still popular today.
The Air Jordan 11 History
The Air Jordan 11 was first introduced back in 1995-1996, during Michael Jordan’s return to the NBA. Tinker Hatfield came up with the idea to make the shoe look like a shiny body convertible, so the sneaker was created with shiny patent leather. It also has a lightweight Phylon midsole with a full length air sole unit and full length carbon fiber plate, making it extremely supportive. The only bad things about the shoes were poor traction, defects on the outsole, and fast creases on the midsoles. In 1995, the retail price for the shoes were $125.00 (the low versions were $115.00).
Features Of The Shoe
This sneaker consists of a navy blue suede upper, along with waxed blue shoe laces. Additionally, it comes with a white midsole, and milky translucent outsole. Finally, you will notice Derek Jeter’s number 2 embroidered on the heels of the shoes.
Mark your calendars!!! These are dropping May 14th, for a retail price of $200.00. Who’s ready for this release???
Air Jordan 11 Low Jeter
May 14th, 2018
Video Of The Sneaker
This Yankee-inspired 11s are definitely on fire. You won’t want to miss out on these ones! What are your thoughts on these??? Please feel free to leave your comments and questions in the comment section. I will more than happy to help you out. As always, stay tuned for more sneaker blogs at The Latest Sneakers!!! Make sure to subscribe to my site also. 🙂